This coffered armoire, with drawers in the lower part, is in the Louis XIV style. The ultimate aim was to flaunt in one’s own home an ostentatious piece of furniture, reflecting the pomp and splendour of Versailles, initiated by Louis XIV, the Sun King. This type of furniture crowned the social and economic success of a bourgeoisie that had made a fortune and wanted to show off. Heavy sideboards, big banqueting tables, dressers for displaying copper ware, pewter ware and pottery and two-tiered buffets in the servants’ quarters for arranging all the kitchen utensils.
- Large, spaced out bun feet.
- Coffer with two drawers.
- Doors moulded with a prominent geometric motif.
- Flanked by double-thread, freestanding, twisted columns.
- Large-framed side and panels with flattened diamond shapes.
- Cornice with wide entablature.
Height: 244 cm, width: 210 cm, depth: 88 cm.
Référence : [ME002]